Thursday, September 23, 2010

Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure

This weekend I will be walking 60 miles...20 miles for 3 days in a row.  I will be sleeping in a pink tent in the middle of a sea of 1,500 other pink tents.  I will be wearing nothing but pink clothing....pink shorts, a pink shirt, pink leg warmers, pink sunglasses, and a pink boa (Thanks, Dad!).  I can't wait!!!  The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure is an amazing event!  It is so inspiring to join with so many other people who are willing to do so much to put an end to breast cancer.  My teammates have done an amazing job fundraising and preparing and I wanted to do something fun for them, so guess what?  I made cookies!

I tried a few different versions of the ribbon.  I like the one in the top left corner the best, so I think I'll probably stick with that version next time.  At the end of the first day of walking, I'm going to give each member of my team a bag of cookies as a congratulations for knocking out that first day of walking.





No comments: