Sunday, October 20, 2013

Mad Men



This weekend I attended a 'Mad Men' themed party/surprise wedding reception...yep, that's right.

After winning the '50's-style, super glamorous 'Mad Men Cocktail Hour' at the Detlef Schrempf Foundation Auction and then secretly getting married three weeks ago, Rick and Phil decided to this would be the perfect occasion to celebrate with all their friends.

Celebrate, we did!

I attempted to go with a kind of art deco look for the cookies....you know, kind of late 50's/early 60's like.

Here we have Rick, and Phil...the happy couple with their daughter and son-in-law.

Toasting the marriage announcement!

Here we all are in our Mad Men attire. I had planned on wearing a fabulous vintage dress Mandy loaned to me. 

After we were all done setting up, I put it on, noted how fabulously '50's I looked, and then promptly ripped it down the side...oops. 

Fortunately, I'm indecisive and had brought along this second option...a little less '50's, but it still worked. 

Mandy, of course, looked fabulous as Joan and apparently there's a character who wore really short shorts in some episode that inspired Kyle's outfit.

The party took place in the beautiful art studio of Steven Jensen. An amazing space with amazing art!

Lastly, I had to include this picture because it illustrates the wonderfulness that is the groom, Rick, to a tee.

And side-note again...this is only the second time in my life I've ever even held a cigarette. 

(The first being this summer when it was decided that we all needed prop cigarettes at my aunt's 50's themed birthday party.)

Of course, at a Mad Men party, it was obligatory that you hold your martini glass and a prop cigarette in the same hand.

No comments: